Ayat: al-Mulk 1 – al-Mursalat 50
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 29
- Listen to Juz 29 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English) [player id=947]
- Surah al-Mulk: It talks about the greatness of Allah and beautiful universe that He has created. It reminds people that if they consider the laws of universe and travel in the land with open eyes, they will indeed see that this whole kingdom belongs to Allah and He controls everything.
- Surah al-Qalam: The Surah tells us that the message of the Prophet is not the talk of a madman. The writings of all scriptures bear testimony to the truth of this message. It urges people to be charitable and help the poor and needy. The story of the people of a garden is mentioned who wished to deny the charity to the poor and they suffered the consequence in losing everything. The Surah ends with the story of Prophet Jonah. It urges the Prophet and through him his followers to continue this mission and not to give up in frustration. The mission of Islam is for the whole world.
- Surah al-Haqqah: The Surah tells about the fate of Thamud, ‘Ad, Pharaoh, other overthrown towns, the flood that came in the time of Prophet Noah. It talks about the reward of the faithful and the punishment of disbelievers. At the end it reminds the people that this message is not poetry of a poet and something made up by the Prophet himself, it is the revelation of the Lord of the worlds.
- Surah al-Ma’arij: It talks about the ways of the ascent of the Believers. The rise of truth will be gradual, but it is sure. The Surah talks about the problems of human beings in general, but those who believe their character is different. It warns about the coming doom of the disbelievers.
- Surah Nooh: This Surah talks about the preaching of Prophet Noah and then his prayer for the destruction of the disbelievers. Thus Allah’s wrath came upon them and they were all destroyed in a flood.
- Surah al-Jinn: The Surah gives assurance that the message of Allah will be accepted. It talks about some Jinn (a hidden creation) who accepted the message and in this way gives a prediction that if the present people deny the message, then others, yet hidden, but they will accept this message.
- Surah al-Muzzammil: The Surah emphasized prayers and the reading of the Qur’an in prayers. It tells the Prophet and all those who stand to preach the message of Allah to take their strength from the word of Allah. Read the Qur’an and spend your wealth in the path of Allah.
- Surah al-Muddathir: The subject of this Surah is da’wah of Islam. The Prophet and his followers are told to stand up to remove the evils and vices from the society. It also gives the warnings of the coming doom for those who deny the truth.
- Surah al-Qiyamah: The Surah talks about the spiritual resurrection of the soul when it becomes aware of its Lord and it speaks about the physical resurrection that will take place at the end of the world.
- Surah al-Insan: This Surah speaks about the ways human being can attain growth and spiritual development. The rewards of the Believers and the character of the Believers are also mentioned.
- Surah al-Mursalat: In the previous Surah it was mentioned how the Believers receive the moral and spiritual perfection, now in this Surah it is mentioned how the rejecters of the truth have their downfall and are destroyed.