Ayat: al-Hijr 1 – an-Nahl 128
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 14
- Listen to Juz 14 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English)
The name al-Hijr refers to the same area where Thamud used to live in the north-western part of Arabia. The main theme of the Surah is divine guidance, and people’s response. Allah’s warns those who deny this message and as a reminder of these warnings, we have here the stories of Prophet Lot’s people, Thamud and other groups.
Surah an-Nahl speaks about Allah’s creative power. Everything in the universe points to Allah. There is coherence and balance in Allah’s creation.
- Qur’an is the Books of Allah. He revealed it and He will guard it.
- Allah knows everything in the universe. He is the Creator of all.
- The creation of the human being is from a very humble beginning, but Allah honoured him and asked the angels to bow down to Adam. Satan’s response.
- Allah is very forgiving, but His punishment is also severe.
- Prophet Lot and Prophet Shu’aib’s people.
- The People of Hijr and what happened to them. Qur’an and Surah al-Fatihah are special gifts of Allah. Allah will take care of those who ridicule His message.
- The whole creation points to Allah.
- The truth is that there is only One God.
- The reward of the righteous and the disgrace of the wicked.
- Allah’s message has come. Man is a creature of Allah, but he argues a lot.
- Mushrikin (polytheists)’s argument and the answer
- Prophets were human beings. The mission of the last Prophet. Warnings to non-believers.
- Prohibition against shirk. Arabs used to call angels the daughters of Allah but they themselves did not like to have daughters.
- Allah gives time to people to repent and turn to him.
- Consider the bounties of Allah. Some more signs mentioned.
- The comparison between the faithful and the unfaithful.
- Warnings about the Last Hour. Allah’s favours to humankind.
- Prophet Muhammad is a witness over all witnesses.
- Justice, benevolence, care of the kith and kin are Allah’s commands. He forbids shameful deeds, evil and aggression.
- Qur’an is sent by Allah; even the Prophet cannot make any changes in it.
- Every soul will be paid in full what it has earned. Halal and Haram are the authority of Allah.
- The ideal faith of Prophet Ibrahim. The best way of giving da’wah.