Ayat: al-A’raaf 88 – al-Anfal 40
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 9
- Listen to Juz 9 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English) [player id=919]
Surah al-Anfal is a Madani Surah revealed soon after the Battle of Badr in the 2nd year of Hijrah (or 624 CE). It reminds the Believers to obey Allah and His Messenger and keep their relations good with each other. It has given rules of war and peace between Muslims and their enemies. In this Surah, six times Allah has addressed Muslims with “O you who believe” (see vss. 15; 20; 24; 28; 29; 46)
- Some lessons from the story of Prophet Shu’aib.
- Warnings against those who deny the Prophets and Messengers of Allah.
- Prophet Moses and his encounter with Pharaoh of Egypt.
- Pharaoh and his magicians were defeated.
- Pharaoh continued in his persecution of the Israelites.
- Some more signs were shown to Pharaoh and his people.
- The Torah was given to Prophet Moses.
- Some Israelites started Calf worship.
- The Tawrat and Injil speak about the coming of Prophet Muhammad (saw). Allah’s promise for those who will follow the last Prophet.
- Prophet Muhammad is the Universal Prophet. Some among the people of Prophet Moses were guided by the truth and lived with justice.
- Some Israelites transgressed Allah’s laws and they suffered the consequences.
- The eternal covenant of Allah was taken from all human beings.
- The coming of the Last Hour
- Shirk has no logic. Ignore the wrongdoers, but invite to Allah with kindness. Listen to the Qur’an and always remember Allah.
- Commandment relating to the spoils of war. Battle of Badr
- Allah’s help for the Believers in the Battle of Badr.
- Believers must always obey Allah and His Messenger.
- Only the righteous should be the guardians of the Masjid al-Haram.