Ayat: al-Baqarah 142 – al-Baqarah 252
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 2
- Listen to Juz 2 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English)
The Qur’an was revealed in Ramadhan and the first occurrence of the word “Qur’an” mentioned in the Mushaf is the Ayat of Ramadhan (2:185) (“Ramadhan” only appears once in the Qur’an). Rules and regulations concerning Hajj, Marriage, Divorce, Suckling etc Allah emphasizes the importance of Taqwa. The story of Goliath and a powerful nation toppled not by sheer numbers or might but through faith, patience and constancy.
- The change of Qiblah and the response of the hypocrites and fools. Those who have knowledge know that this is the true Qiblah of all the Prophets.
- Believers will be tried but they should be firm and steadfast and must face the trials with patience and prayers.
- Allah’s signs and His bounties are everywhere. The polytheists and idolaters are misplacing their loyalties.
- Believers should eat good and permissible food and should never follow the steps of the devil.
- The true piety and righteousness. Some rules related to the punishment of murderers. The rules of bequests.
- Fasting and Ramadan: the objective of fasting and some rules.
- Rules of Hajj, fighting those who expelled Muslims from their homes.
- Appreciate God’s bounties. All human beings were originally one community. Divisions came later. Be generous and defend your self and your faith.
- Some important questions answered: War in the sacred months, wine and gambling, charity, orphans’ money, divorced women and their situation.
- The laws of divorce and rules on the remarriage of the divorced women or the widowers.
- Fighting in the cause of God: Israelites.
- Under the leadership of Prophet David the victory came over the forces of Goliath.