Ayat: Ya Sin 28 – Az-Zumar 31
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 23
- Listen to Juz 23 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English)
Surah as-Saffat speaks about the unity of Allah in very strong terms. It talks about the teachings of various prophets of Allah. All of them preached the same message. It gives warnings to the non-believers that their plots against the message of Islam will not work. The truth will prevail.
Surah Saad talks about the basic message of all the Prophets and Messengers of Allah. They came to preach Tawhid. The Prophet suffered and went through a lot of hardship in presenting Allah’s message. Their enemies attacked them and persecuted them, but then finally it was the truth that prevailed and falsehood was defeated. Power and riches all come from Allah. Some people become arrogant when they have power. But Allah gave the examples of David and Solomon who were great prophets as well as powerful kings. They obey Allah. Their riches did not corrupt them.
Surah az-Zumar talks about the true religion. It is to serve Allah sincerely and to avoid Shirk. Tawhid brings the blessings of Allah, while Shirk has terrible consequences. The Believers are told not to despair and lose heart. If it is difficult for them to practice their religion in one place, they can migrate from that land. The unbelievers are told that they can do whatever they wish, but they cannot turn the Believers away from the path of faith.
- The scenes of the day of Resurrection.
- Reminders about death and the Day of Judgment.
- The Lord of the heaven and earth is one God. The mockers at the Prophet of God will one day see the truth. The Day of Judgment will dawn suddenly.
- The guilty shall be punished and virtuous will be rewarded.
- Allah delivered Prophet Noah from his enemies. Prophet Ibrahim’s encounter with idolatry. The test of Prophet Ibrahim. His willingness to sacrifice his son.
- How Allah delivered Prophets Moses, Aaron, Elias and Lot and punished their enemies.
- How Prophet Yunus was delivered from the belly of the whale. Angels are not Allah’s daughters; they are Allah’s servants. Allah’s messengers will succeed.
- Warnings to the disbelievers. The arguments of the disbelievers against the Qur’an and the Prophet. The defeat of the disbelievers.
- Remember Allah’s servant Prophet David. Allah’s blessings upon him. He was tested and he turned to Allah.
- Allah’s blessings upon Prophet Solomon. He was also tested, but he repented and was forgiven by Allah.
- Allah tested Prophet Job and he was rewarded for his patience. Remember Allah’s servants: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Ishmael, Elisha and Dhulkifl. The warnings for the wicked.
- There is only one God. The great message. Allah created Adam, but Iblis became his enemy. He vowed to mislead human beings. Allah’s curse came upon him and upon those who follow him.
- To Allah belongs the pure and sincere religion. The principle of Tawhid and its benefits. The evil of Shirk and its consequences.
- The reward of those who are steadfast in their faith.
- The perfect guidance of the Qur’an. It is straight without any crookedness.