Ayat: al-Furqan 21 – an-Naml 55
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 19
- Listen to Juz 19 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English) [player id=938]
The non-believers were asking for signs to prove that the Qur’an was the word of Allah. Allah mentioned many signs both in nature and in history. Stories of many prophets are also mentioned to indicate that all prophets presented basically the same message.
The theme of Surah an-Naml is divine guidance in history. Allah sent His Prophets to different people. Some accepted them and were guided, while others denied them and they saw the consequences of their denial. The Surah also contrasts between the principles of Tawhid and shirk.
- Non-believers’ demand to see the angels or Allah. Non-believers say why the whole Qur’an was not sent down at once.
- Examples of the people of Prophets Moses, Aaron, Noah and ‘Ad, Thamud and the People of al-Rass.
- Examples from the natural world: shadows, night and day, winds of rain, oceans with two different types of waters, creation of human beings, creation of the heaven and earth in six days.
- The character and qualities of the most faithful servants of Allah.
- Allah has power to bring down the mightiest sign, but here is a test for people. This wonderful creation is a sign itself for those who want to learn.
- Signs were shown to Pharaoh.
- Pharaoh’s magicians and Prophet Moses.
- The exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. The sea splitting and giving the way.
- Prophet Ibrahim’s struggle against idolatry.
- Prophet Noah and his people.
- The ‘Ad and the Prophet Hud.
- The Thamud and the Prophet Saleh.
- Prophet Lot and his people.
- Prophet Shu’aib and his people.
- The Qur’an is the message from the Lord of the worlds. It is neither from devils nor do they have any clue of this message. It is not poetry of the poets. It is a serious message with eternal consequences.
- The Qur’an is from the All Wise and All-knower. How did Prophet Moses receive the message of Allah. Allah gave Moses many signs but Pharaoh and his people denied them.
- The knowledge and power that Allah bestowed on Prophets David and Solomon. What kind of character they had.
- Queen of Saba’ and her submission to Prophet Solomon.
- The response of Thamud to Prophet Saleh’s message. Also the example of the people among whom Prophet Lot was sent.