Ayat: at-Tawbah 93 – Hud 5
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 11
- Listen to Juz 11 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English)
The main subject of Surah Yunus is faith in Allah and belief in the Hereafter. Those who have true faith, they worship Allah and recognize Him as their Lord and Master and live their lives in accordance to His command. Allah sent His Messengers to remind people and to warn them. The stories of Prophets Noah and Prophet Moses with Pharaoh are told to remind people about the consequences of unfaithfulness and arrogance.
- The Tabuk expedition.
- Those who stayed behind and did not participate in the Battle of Tabuk, hypocrites and weak in faith.
- The proper distribution of charity. Those who speak ill of the Prophet or make fun of Allah and His Book.
- The hypocrite men and women.
- The Qur’an is the Book of wisdom, it contains signs from the All Wise.
- Man’s ingratitude to Allah and His revelation.
- Allah’s mercy to His creation. Allah invites to the abode of peace.
- Allah’s gifts. The Qur’an is from Allah. Bring a Surah like the Qur’an if you can.
- Those who disbelieve in the Qur’an shall be the losers. Every people were sent a Messenger.
- The Qur’an is a mercy, blessing and a cure for the problems of humankind.
- Whatever you do Allah is a Witness. The mistakes of the Mushrikin (polytheists).
- The story of Prophet Noah and his people. Prophet Moses and Aaron -peace be upon them all.
- Allah delivered the Children of Israel from the bondage of the Pharaoh.
- Allah’s mercy for the Children of Israel. Prophet Yunus and his people.
- If Allah afflicts you with any loss or wants to bestow any profit on you, none can avert it. You must always follow Allah’s guidance.