Ayat: al-Kahf 75 – Ta Ha 135
- Read your daily portion of Qur’an – Juz 16
- Listen to Juz 16 – Saad al-Ghamidi (Arabic/English)
The subject matter of Surah Maryam is the true message and teachings of the Prophets of Allah. Several Prophets are mentioned here: Zakariyya, Yahya, Isa and his mother Maryam, Ibrahim, Musa, Ismail and Idri. Allah blessed these Prophets. They taught Tawhid and called their people to the worship of Allah alone. Great miracles and signs were also shown in the lives of these Prophets and Messengers.
Surah Taha assures the Prophet and his followers that the message of the Qur’an will eventually succeed. The story of Prophet Moses is mentioned in detail. Then it is mentioned how the enemies of Islam are opposing it and what will be the consequences of this opposition for them.
- Prophet Zachariah’s prayer for a son. Birth of John (Yahya) and Allah’s favours upon him.
- Maryam -peace be upon her – and the miraculous birth of her son Jesus.
- Prophet Ibrahim preached the unity of Allah. His conversation with his father.
- Other great Prophets and Messengers of Allah.
- The Resurrection will surely happen.
- Criticism of misconceptions about intercession and the divinity of Jesus.
- Prophet Muhammad is told not to feel distress because of the denial of the unbelievers. Allah knows everything. Remember the story of Moses. Allah called him to the Prophethood and gave him special signs.
- Prophet Moses’ prayer. Allah commanded Moses and his brother Aaron to go to Pharaoh and give him the message. Allah mentions His favours upon Moses.
- Prophet Moses goes to Pharaoh. The challenge with the Egyptian magicians. The defeat of the magicians and then their conversion.
- Allah saved the Children of Israel from Pharaoh. Prophet Moses goes to Sinai. Samiri misleads the Israelites and they worship the calf.
- The anger of Prophet Moses. Samiri confessed his evil action and he was punished.
- The Day of Judgment. No intercession will help without Allah’s permission. The opponents of the Prophet.
- Devil misleads human beings. Some references to the story of Adam and Iblis.
- The evil doers will be punished. Be patient and offer regular prayers.